NM4-I NextMeter Indoor FAQ
Roles: Admin, Technician, and Billing Manager
Last updated: September 2023
The NM4-I is an indoor ultrasonic meter with NextCentury Connect™ Wireless technology. It combines cutting-edge ultrasonic technology with AMR (Automatic Meter Reading) capabilities.
- Designed for indoor submetering.
- Accuracy that doesn't degrade over time.
- Open flow-tube design reducing head loss.
- Simplified installation with an all-in-one meter and transceiver.
- Compatible with the NextCentury wireless platform for real-time data and alerting.
- Fully electronic with no moving parts that wear out.
The Next Meter has the following:
- FCC ID: 2A8EC-NM4I | IC: 28950-NM4I
- NSF/ANSI 61
- NTEP/CTEP Approval 23-055
- Conforms to AWWA C715-18 & UL 2043
Here are some tips for installing the NM4-I
- Indoor installation only
- Up to 90% non-condensing humidity
- Horizontal or vertical installation
- Register facing in any position best for reading
- 7.5” pipe straight before the meter
For a Full Installation process follow the guide here: NM4-I NextMeter Indoor Installation
The NM4-I offers two versatile output options. It utilizes built-in NextCentury Connect™ wireless technology for seamless communication with our cloud-based data management software, ensuring real-time data transmission. Additionally, there's a wired pulse output available for users who prefer or require a wired connection. These options provide flexibility to suit your specific monitoring needs.
The battery used, a field-replaceable CR18505 lithium battery, has a typical longevity of 10 years
For information on purchasing replacement batteries for the NM4-I meter, please contact your product supplier or get in touch with our dedicated Support Team:
- Support Hotline: (844) 538 8203
The NM4-I is engineered to perform beyond standard requirements and can endure pressures far above standard water supply specifications. It has been tested to endure over 100,000 pressure cycles.
Yes, the NM4-I meter undergoes NSF testing to ensure its quality and safety in compliance with NSF standards.