RR4 and RR4-TR Overview and Documents
Roles: Technician, Admin
Last updated: November 2023
The NextCentury RR4 and RR4-TR Remote Reader are advanced meter reading solutions which provide a high-visibility remote display of one or two utility meters.
The Remote Reader has an attractive consumer design, making it an ideal solution for apartment or commercial metering. The utility and unit of measure are clearly displayed, ensuring an accurate interpretation of the read. It is NTEP certified and can be used to meet tenant meter read requirements.
The Remote Reader utilizes Dual Meter+™ technology, making this single model compatible with virtually all modern encoded and pulse-output utility meters, including water, electric, gas, and thermal meter models.
In addition to displaying the meter read, the RR4-TR Remote Reader operates as a wireless transceiver end-point, transmitting meter read data to the NextCentury cloud platform.
Installation and configuration of the Remote Reader is simple and quick using the NextCentury mobile app.
- FCC: 2AB8I-RR4 | IC: 20949-RR4
- NTEP: 20-012
- IP-Rating: IP66
- Any combination of two encoded or pulse-out meters
- Or, single meter pulse-in and pulse-out
- -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F )
- Indoor or Outdoor installation (IP66, non-submersible)
- Preinstalled, field-replaceable CR18505
- Up to 10-year battery life
- Display unit and mounting plate: 5.7” x 4.6” x 1.7” (145mm x 117mm x 44mm)
- Mounting holes center-to-center: 3.5” (88.4 mm)
- Compatible with a standard single gang wall-box
- Cloud configure or Direct Connect (no DC301 Direct Connect device needed)
- Pre-programming available