TR4-X Overview and Documents
Roles: Admin, Technician
Last updated: November 2023
The NextCentury TR4-X Transceiver provides the next generation of superior wireless performance in a fully waterproof design. Featuring Meter+™ technology, this Transceiver offers broad meter compatibility in a single model. The TR4-X pairs with most pulse meters and virtually all encoded meters utilizing Neptune, Sensus, AMCO, Elster, and GWF 3-wire protocols.
Built-in Smart Pulse detection allows the Transceiver to detect, correct, and report faulty or ghosting reed switches. Wireless network operation is seamlessly compatible with all earlier generation Repeaters and Gateways.
Engineered for long maintenance-free operation, the TR4-X provides hourly-read precision with a 10-year, field-replaceable battery.
- FCC: 2AB81-TR4-X | 1IC: 20949-TR4-X
- Two-way NextCentury RF Connect™
- 902-928 MHz Unlicensed Band
- Pulse or encoded meter types
- Single model supports all configurations
- 3.3in x 1.8in x 1.3in (84mm x 46mm x 33mm)
- Simple meter configuration—no external programmer required
- Preinstalled, field-replaceable CR18505 battery
- Up to 10-year battery life
- -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F )
- Can be installed outdoors